Memorial Day is a time to stop and honor those who have served in the United States military. We thank those who have made such sacrifices, so we can have our rights and freedom. Memorial Day is a great time to also celebrate with family and friends. We have a few ideas on how you can celebrate Memorial Day in Alabama!
1. Let’s recognize those who have dedicated their lives to serving the United States. The Alabama National Cemetery is honoring veterans through a Flag Placement Ceremony on Saturday, May 23rd at 9 AM. Also there will be an Observance Ceremony on Monday, May 25th from 9 AM - 10:30 AM. This is a great chance to bring the family along and recognize those who fought for our freedom.
2. Lake Days are the Best Days! There is nothing like a day spent on the lake, especially in Alabama! Some of the best memories are made at the lake with friends and family. Here are a few local lakes to check out this holiday! Interested in a lake house? Take a look!
3. Go take a hike! Looking to stay close to home, but want to enjoy your day off? These Alabama hiking trails are great for sightseeing, fishing, swimming and picnicking! This is the perfect excuse to get out of the house and get your steps in.
4. Ready to Roll on the River? Well… floating is the same thing, right? We are all about a float trip during these hotter months. What could be better than floating down the river? Cahaba River, Styx River or Chickasaw Creek are a few rivers to consider when planning your next float trip!
5. As the summer heats up, we need to cool down. Long days at the pool are a summer must! As we stop to recognize the military on the last Monday of May, it also reminds us that summer is underway! Don’t have a pool to splash around in? No problem, here are a few homes with pools that might interest you. Take a look!
6. Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes. Beaches are open! Are you ready for a much needed beach trip? We can’t wait either! Here is what you need to keep in mind. All beaches are open to gatherings of 10 people or less. If going to the beach, you will need to maintain a consistent 6-foot distance from people not in your group. Grab the sunscreen, beach toys and enjoy some fun in the sun!
7. Let’s cook out! Backyard barbecue, anyone? No matter where you go, there should always be good food on the menu. These local restaurants are whipping up amazing food options for you! If you are a veteran or active military these restaurants provide free meals on Memorial Day.
Whatever activity you decide to do, remember to take the time and remember those who have sacrificed so much to ensure our safety. We can’t wait to hear how you celebrate Memorial Day! Here is the latest COVID-19 update when considering what to do on Memorial Day!
RealtySouth is a full-service brokerage firm of HomeServices of America Inc., and a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, RealtySouth serves the entire state and has been a member of the community since 1955. To better serve our community and provide a smooth and successful real estate transaction, our company offers a comprehensive package of real estate services. Our services include relocation through our Relocation Services Department, mortgages through Prosperity Home Mortgage, title search through TitleSouth, insurance needs via InsuranceSouth, Title Closing Centers, warranty services and of course connecting you with the real estate agent to introduce you to the home of your dreams. View homes for sale and contact us today to get started!
Connect with us on social media! Like RealtySouth on Facebook, stay updated with us on Twitter, check out images of our properties and local events on Instagram, virtually tour our latest listings on YouTube and get ideas for your home and all things lifestyle with us on Pinterest.